Friday, January 20, 2012

Hot One of the Week: Friends Edition!


This week has been a busy one and now I am set to take on another semester here at school. Music is a huge part of my life and I thought I would let you guys get to know me a bit more. In order to help you understand me, this week’s edition of I Can Feel A Hot One will showcase a few of my friends who you can hear on BandSoup!




First, I would love to introduce an indie-prog-rock band that began playing together last year at the University of New Haven. Vitamin Sun, a 4-piece consisting of sophomore music students, takes influence from The Mars Volta, Local Natives, and Sufjan Stevens among many others. With Kyle Hamel on vox/guitar, Wyatt Simard on guitar, Chris Restaino on bass/vox, and Josh Merhar on drums, these guys tear through some intricate time signatures and let the creativity of their music flow. Within one song they can be both insanely technical and passionately groovy. They have so much potential and will continue to grow with time. I strongly suggest finding them on BandSoup and giving them a try!





Another friend of mine who deserves some recognition and attention, which she is already getting, is Samantha Frost. Quite frankly, her voice is the opposite of her last name. Her smooth, jazzy voice is easily adapted for jazz, blues, Broadway, and pop. Her warm timbre will make you feel as if you are sitting in front of a fireplace listening to the radio as if in the days of old. Check out her version of “Nobody’s Fault” on BandSoup, it’s one of her first recordings. She is a lovely young voice and will do great things soon enough. Check out her website here.


Thanks and have a great week!

-Doug Foley
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 BlogSoup